Welcome, all teachers

My dream is for this site to be a place of discussing ideas and of supporting educators, especially newbies. Also I envision its being a place of refuge where you can lick your wounds or beat your own drum with a great idea you want to share

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And another truth

Never say never. Today I will attend a seminar that is required for anyone who is associated with a particular private school here in Chattanooga. No, I am not going to be teaching but I may substitute there. That has always been a gigantic NO for me: substitute teaching. I guess that through osmosis, chalk must have entered my dna and I am compelled to be in a classroom! Addditionally, in the never-say-never scenario, I was a teacher for 8 years before I became a mother. I can assure you that every self-righteous comment I ever made about parents I have had to eat. In fact, I've that a banquet from those "My child would never..." "Where was his/her mother when ..." You get the idea; parenting is oh so easy when you're not actually a parent. I also thought I was such a patient person until I had children. God does have a wonderful sense of humor!! Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment